PDA

View Full Version : Researchers bridge air gap by turning monitors into FM radios

BeLikeWater
01-27-2013,
A two-stage attack could allow spies to sneak secrets out of the most sensitive buildings, even when the targeted computer system is not connected to any network, researchers from Ben-Gurion University of the Negev in Israel stated in an academic paper describing the refinement of an existing attack.

The technique, called AirHopper, assumes that an attacker has already compromised the targeted system and desires to occasionally sneak out sensitive or classified data. Known as exfiltration, such occasional communication is difficult to maintain, because government technologists frequently separate the most sensitive systems from the public Internet for security. Known as an air gap, such a defensive measure makes it much more difficult for attackers to compromise systems or communicate with infected systems.

belmonte
02-04-2013,
At 60 bytes per second with a 1 to 7 meter range... the only use is high level hacking on corporate/government targets. Wouldn't be worth the wait to nick your nudie pics.

BeLikeWater
02-12-2013,
Unless you are a big celebrity, And those photos are worth $$$$$. As we know some newspapers will do anything for a story.

BeLikeWater
02-20-2013,
If I was famous I'd give my nudie pics away... B)