PDA

View Full Version : Are Robocalls or Telemarketers tracking my computer use?

bludshot
08-10-2013,
This is an odd question, but it might be caused by malware, some kind of ad-tracker cookie, or my isp survelliance.

For the past year or more, I seem to be getting robocalls or telemarketing calls at the exact time (1) my computer is turned on or (2) I am logging into e-mail or (3) if I am posting on a messageboard

Its too much of a coincidence, so I might have a virus or malware that is alerting botnets when my computer is turned on. I don't know if these robocalls are tied to survelliance activities on determining who is using a specific computer, at a certain physical address with an IP address. Or if some Ad-tracking company has downloaded malware onto my computer just so they can send out Robocalls.

I was using Yahoo mail when most of these robo-calls occurred, so it could be something tied to the e-mail address. yahoo might be using a specific ad-targeting company that is making robocalls.

Or I am secretly being logged into some sort of Skype/IM system that alerts when my computer is on and whether I am writing e-mails or posting on controversial messageboards.

Has anyone else experienced this with tons of Robocalls/Telemarketers that is tied to your computer usage and activity?

bludshot
08-18-2013,
Do you have Caller ID on your phone and if you do have you tried to look up these numbers via sites like 800notes or WhoCallsMe to be able to discern a pattern of the type of calls and the occurnace of these calls received by others.

Darktune
08-26-2013,
Do you have Caller ID on your phone and if you do have you tried to look up these numbers via sites like 800notes or WhoCallsMe to be able to discern a pattern of the type of calls and the occurnace of these calls received by others.

Darktune
09-03-2013,
http://gravismarketing.com/services/virtual-predictive-dialer/

I found this service called: hosted predictive dialer is predictive dialing software

I think something like this is helping telemarketers make calls when "your computer is turned on, when web browsing certain sites, when writing e-mails or blogs." I think this software places cookies on your computer and tracks your web activity to make live phone calls because they know you are home at that time.

Has anyone heard of this type of telemarketing software?