PDA

View Full Version : iOS The Verge App - Where is it?

AndrewDok
05-26-2015,
Am I missing something or is there not an iOS app for The Verge? The only one I can seem to find is for bingo...

Andrewea
05-26-2015,
There isn’t one anymore – they killed the apps when the responsive website was launched.
Whether or not this was a good idea has been discussed at length already.

AndrewHak
05-28-2015,
More than likely because they didn’t feel like paying a 3rd party to do it for them. Also because the app was literally their website just in app form in looks and functionality. The app didn’t do anything better that the mobile version of their website doesn’t already do, which defeated the purpose of having an app.

AndrewHami
05-28-2015,
Yeah, making mobile apps for a website is ridiculous in today’s world of mobile internet.
If you want an icon on your home screen you can tap on to go to The Verge, put a shortcut on your home screen from Chrome/Safari/etc. Personally the shortcut icon looks better than their discontinued app’s icon, and the website works flawlessly on my phone while the app was always glitchy.

Andrewfeed
05-28-2015,
Am I missing something or is there not an iOS app for The Verge? The only one I can seem to find is for bingo...