PDA

View Full Version : Screen Sharing does this invite malicious hackers ?

bludshot
02-04-2014,
My ISP requested that I download a screen sharing service, to view my ISP mail account info.

He said he was not able to get through

when using these services does it by pass my firewall exceptions and or change my services for remote capabilities, . . ??

Anyway I unistalled it but still would like to know about my PC security when it comes to invaders.

Whats the best way to keep out this kind of invasion ?

bludshot
02-10-2014,
If you were originally in contact with your ISP and they were trying to help you solve a problem, I wouldn't worry about it. It can be possible for a hacker to use the screen sharing program to watch you do things on your PC, but those programs tend to be fairly safe, and you would have to have downloaded an additional malicious program to give access to hackers anyways. In other words, if the ISP only had you download that one program, there's nothing to worry about.

Yes, generally a firewall is very successful at blocking external connections to your PC. The firewall probably blocked the program from allowing the ISP to view your screen.

You're fine! :)

ChrisCosgrove
02-16-2014,
Anything is possible. Hackers like to go where the crowds gather as it helps to distribute malware to a wide range of Internet users. In time, they may endeavor into this area.

ChrisCosgrove
02-22-2014,
That was a timely reply Quietman ! Thank you both, . . .

I just posted in am I in Am I infected ?

Seems that my suspicions are somewhat realistic that I have a stalking intruder in my mists !