PDA

View Full Version : Comodo Defense+ not recognizing Avast Upgrade

capilta
02-25-2014,
I've had Comodo firewall and Avast AV for awhile now with no issues. I just renewed my Avast AV Free and it upgraded/ updated the program. Since then, I constantly have popups from Comodo Defense+ anytime I'm on the internet because Avast is running and its wanting me to "Allow this request". I've googled how to make Avast a trusted program in Comodo, but all the instructions are very hard for me to understand. Can someone explain how to get the Defense+ to recognize the new Avast program and not have the constant popups asking me to allow the program to do what its supposed to do automatically?

capilta
03-03-2014,
Hi -

There are times when "Exclusions" are required to be added to updated versions -

General Comodo settings and Exclusions but not a lot about the Firewall, but general information
More specific Comodo Exclusions related to Firewalls -

Hope these help -

FredaYimp
03-09-2014,
Is it just Comodo Firewall or Comodo Internet Security which includes Firewall?

There have been numerous reported issues between Comodo and avast for the past couple years...just read the complaints at both forums.

One recommended solution to get them to play nice with each other is to do this:

1. Open Comodo go to Defense + > Defense+ settings > Execution Control Settings > Buffer Overflow protection > Exclusion and add all Avast! folders from Program files and Documents and Settings.

2. Open Avast! go Behavior Shield > Trusted Processes and add these Comodo files: cfp.exe, cfpconfg.exe, cmdagent.exe

This How to Install Comodo Firewall guide has information on configuration of anti-virus and Defense+.

FredaYimp
03-15-2014,
Is it just Comodo Firewall or Comodo Internet Security which includes Firewall?

There have been numerous reported issues between Comodo and avast for the past couple years...just read the complaints at both forums.

One recommended solution to get them to play nice with each other is to do this:

1. Open Comodo go to Defense + > Defense+ settings > Execution Control Settings > Buffer Overflow protection > Exclusion and add all Avast! folders from Program files and Documents and Settings.

2. Open Avast! go Behavior Shield > Trusted Processes and add these Comodo files: cfp.exe, cfpconfg.exe, cmdagent.exe

This How to Install Comodo Firewall guide has information on configuration of anti-virus and Defense+.