I would be curious to hear what people think of VR in its current form. Although the general concept of virtual reality truly excites me, I haven't seen anything so far that could prompt an investment on my part. It made me wonder:

Is VR the next big flop?

Despite all the big tech companies investing heavily in virtual reality platforms, it doesn't look like the technology is really taking off right now. Is it simply due to the lack of content, or is the technology doomed from the start, sort of like 3D TVs? Do you even plan on buying a VR headset in the next year? If so, do you consider those cheaper headsets which hold your phone to your eyes an acceptable solution?

I was sold on it by Rez, which is absolutely the perfect game for it. Some games are like that; they actually demonstrated the need for VR before it really even existed in a usable form.
    All that could really hold me back is cost. It is expensive, and that’s a barrier. I’ll see if and how I can afford it. But I really want it.

I do think that it’s the kind of thing game developers are going to need to really think about, and not just vomit out a bunch of first-person shooters because hey, they’re supposed to be "realistic" and this headset makes everything feel real! It’s just not that simple; there are a lot of reasons why "realistic" POV-type games don’t work well in VR.