Ideal laptop port selection?

For me, I'd like to see 2 USB-C, one for power and at least one with thunderbolt 3. One USB-A, and an SD slot. Maybe HDMI?

You use your laptop for a lot of stuff. So what ports do you need?
    For me, I'd like to see 2 USB-C, one for power and at least one with thunderbolt 3. One USB-A, and an SD slot. Maybe HDMI?
    How about you?

My work laptop has
    2x USB A
    1x USB C
    1x DisplayPort
    1x VGA
    1x Ethernet
    1x SD card reader
    1x Power (proprietary)
    1x Dock port
    I could stand to lose VGA, but wouldn’t want to give up anything else, especially the real dock – USB C docks are much less convenient when you’re coming and going a lot. Perhaps more importantly built in WWAN is a must – I just don’t see why it isn’t more common on high end consumer models

Because it’s not a common want for most consumers. For myself getting a laptop connected with a built in LTE radio would cost extra each month, compared to free hotspot on my phone. Pretty much a no-brainer to just use the hotspot. Plus my laptops are connected to wi-fi like 99.99999% of the time anyway.

Tethering is just so clunky compared to a built in solution though so for me it’s well worth the extra $5 or whatever it costs to add an additional SIM