Over the period of past 11 months in Criminal Research, I discovered that many events of crime occur with the assistance provided by technology. However, what I wonder is if there exists a technology that is equally capable in preventing such crime? It would be a great help if the existence of such a tool be notified.

Does anybody have an idea of a tool that can predict crime in advance?

First of all, why ask us? There are certainly behavioural algorithms that can presume a potential scenario, but this isn’t Minority Report.

Second, as with the first statement, a lot of presumptions and assumptions need to be made BEFORE it can be determined to be fact. I am sure there are watch lists for potential criminals, but unless you watch them 24/7 you can never tell. They would have to be determined to be guilty beforehand.

Yes, but it will involve profiling people by race, sex, economic, and social status in society.
    Do you really want that?

There’s a technology called PreCrime. It uses 3 "Precogs" that see future crimes and carve the criminal’s name on a wooden ball. A guy then moves some holoscreens around using powergloves to locate the criminals, and the police arrest them. Keep in mind that that sometimes, one of the precogs has a "minority report" of an alternate future so the system isn’t 100% reliable.

content from reference site