Been 2 days and no Verge coverage : (
    So far it seems it will work on XP and above, Linux and Android 6.0+.

So I figure I'd put it here, thoughts?

Vulkan API 1.0 released!

Why would it add code complexity without any benefit? It would most definitely provide benefit. And while them officially supporting XP/Vista is unlikely though in theory if the drivers work on Windows 7, there is a good possibility they work on Vista as well.
    Now whether or not you would want to still run XP and Vista in this day in age is a different question. Was just listing platform support.

It doesn’t add any Vulcan complexity, as it isn’t tied to WDDM (unlike DX).
    It only adds AMD/NV/Intel complexity => they won’t support it on anything but 7+, possibly really even test just on 10 with anything below an afterthought.
    I mean, it is like OGL which runs everywhere, yet AMD and NV only bother making good drivers for the relevant Windows versions.
    The only puzzling choice is XP support (on paper). I don’t think there is a single PC with GPU that will get Vulkan which runs XP. On the other hand, there are still more XP systems than Linux ones so it isn’t THAT weird

While I wish Apple would implement it alongside Metal so that Windows, Linux, and OSX all have a common low level graphics API, this is exciting too, someone is making a Vulkan over Metal bridge

The early speculation seems to be true; Nintendo is contributing to Vulkan (look towards the botom-right).