baiduvideostreemscomBlign

How Much Does it Really Cost?

With my current internet package I pay .28 per GB. Arkham Knight is 50 GB, that means it's an extra $14.00 on top of the $69.99 CAD for the game. I think the better choice is to buy discs. What is your cost for the new Batman game?

morgandz2
    The plan is $70 per month for 250 GB. So 70/250=.28. All plans in Edmonton Canada are capped. The largest is 800GB@$120 per month. While I have never been charged overages, the cap is in the contract. How much do you pay for your internet? My download speed is 30 and up of 2.5.

Craigoxync
    yes it is sensible. Netflix at a 3 hours a day is 207 GB a month. Then add a game for 50GB and I’ve hit the limit. well sorta, I can go over but run the risk of extra charges. what’s your plan?

DavidDub
    Its not that I can’t afford it. but the 50GB for the game is equivalent to more than 21 hours of Netflix. if I buy a disc there is no data overhead. I like the convenience of quick access and no discs but at $14 bucks worth of my data…. not sure. I’m curious what is your price per GB?

Susanmof
    I take it you haven’t bought a game for a while. Even with a disc patches are going to be a significant download.
    Also do you distribute on Blueray (which is not particularly common) or DVD (which is quite frankly useless for most modern games)?
    E. I have an uncapped plan – only ADSL speeds but fibre won’t be any more expensive when it is available.

I agree with you of course, that i’m already spending the money on the internet plan, but I could use the 50GB on something else. Something I can’t buy from a store. Such as Netflix, these types of forums, 3D printer diagrams etc… The download is $14 worth of my data. Or, I can walk to the store buy a disc and save the 50GB worth of data. Data has a value. I really just wanted to know what others are paying. What does your data cost you? I have looked at other plans in Canada and the US, and they don’t look much better than mine. Xfinity caps all plans a 300GB, only the speed varies. My provider will up the speed and the Data to 120 Mbps and 800 GB for $120/month. That = .15/GB. the fastest Xfinity plan is 150 Mbps with 300 GB @ $114.95 after introductory rate = .38/GB.
    You are right, there is a cost to you for every second of your existence, if you have life insurance, but I don’t use up 20% of my life every month.