What's your favorite genre(s) of games? Least favorite?

For me, it's first person shooters and Open world all the way. Nothing is more fun than shooting virtual enemies with
    virtual guns with virtual bullets in FPS and roaming in car,kill anybody in OW.
    I used to like racing games back when I was a kid, but shooters and open world games soon took over.
    Never liked sports games. They're a complete snoresfest. I was never good at sports in real life, and I don't like watching
    them either. I guess that translated into finding sports video games boring.

I like open-world videogames and I usually prefer those who happen in last 50 years. I also fps, and specially strategy games, I also like indie games, and easy to learn but difficult to master mobile games.

My favorite would be role playing games like Mass Effect and Knights of the Old Republic, open-world games like Grand Theft Auto, FPS games, and turn-based strategy games like Civilization.

I’m still in love with puzzlers, adventure-style games that create the ‘a-ha!’ moment. Not many games today give that sense of satisfaction like Grim Fandango-style. The latest, not on PC, was Monument Valley. I couldn’t believe how engrossed I got into that game.
    That said, I thoroughly enjoy(ed) Fallout: New Vegas

Civilisation V is easily my most played game on PC.
    Least favourite games now are freemium laden shite like Candy Crush, but that’s the way casual gaming had headed.