Evolve Alpha Keys

As far as your questions go:

• Check the Playstation Store for games that you want to see.
    • Games can be downloaded directly on the Vita, and I assume there is a way to do it on Mac (Sony supports this on Windows although you will need clunky software).
    • So, PSN is free, PS+ is not. PS+ is $18 for 3 months, $50 for a year. You can buy subscriptions in a physical card, or on the Vita, or on your Mac.
    • There aren’t many limitations. You can still play online, and you still get lots of discounts and a couple free games each month. You also get the current roster of games in the Instant Game Collection.
    • The Playstation TV is not necessary.

As a Vita owner without a PS4, I love the thing. Granted I got it used at a great price, but the indie titles alone would make it worth the full price for me. Minecraft, Terraria, Rogue Legacy, Luftwasser, etc. It’s just a great little arcade machine. Along with the fact that it has decent AAA titles like Need for Speed and Borderlands 2.
    That being said, I would LOVE to play a Pokemon game again, and will buy a 3DS at some point in the future just for that.

while retail price of the game are about the same on those two. You will find that PSN always does a weekly sales of their game that’s quite tempting, sometimes can go as low as $3. I got several game like Blazblue ($3,75), Injustice ($4,5), NFS MW ($5), Muramasa ($7) and there are more deal out there that I can possibly spell off. It is a great way to try game that you might never consider to buy at full price

I have both. You’d be crazy to get the Vita. The system is basically dead from a new game standpoint, Sony is just positioning it as a indie device and an expensive PS4 add-on. Duke Nukem 3D was just announced for the system, and that’s about as exciting as it gets these days.
    Meanwhile Nintendo is releasing great games for the 3DS – this year was great (Bravely Default, Smash Bros, Mario Golf, Fantasy Life, etc.) and next year may be even better (Majora’s Mask, Xenoblade, Monster Hunter 4, etc.).