Favorite PC indie games for laptop?

I just got a new laptop, an XPS 13 with standard i5 processor, 8gb RAM, and the 1080p non-touch display. I downloaded STEAM so I could check out what's new on the indie game scene. Previous games I've liked on mobile include: Superbrothers Sword and Sorcery, Monument Valley, da blob, Asphalt 8, and I'm a fan of Nintendo classic platformers. A lot of the stuff on STEAM has a lot of RPG-like elements, which are a little more than I'm interested in terms of investment and difficulty. Zelda-level progression is fine by me, though.

What you can play will be somewhat limited, so I’ll keep the games relatively simple.
    - Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse
    - Transistor (might have some trouble running; check required specs before buying)
    - Shovel Knight (required playing if you haven’t already)
    - VVVVVV (also required playing)

and then a little less simple:
    - Escape Goat (puzzle platformer; brilliant game)
    - Ys: Oath in Felghana and Ys Origin (wonderful action games with RPG elements and Zelda-style progression. These games can be a bit on the difficult side)

Looking at my favourites list in Steam, here’s a sampling of the games with minimal system requirements:
    Braid (One of the platformers that started the recent indie dev boom)
    Bastion (Isometric ARPG, one of my favorite indie games)
    The Banner Saga (Beautiful SRPG with norse mythological stylings)
    Child of Light (Gorgeous well-paced RPG with some timing based elements)
    FTL (Awesome, but challenging space rougelike)
    Invisible, Inc (Stylish stealth SRPG with a tactical layer)
    Gunpoint (2D stealth infiltration/hacking)
    Mark of The Ninja (2D stealth assassination, absolutely awesome)
    Ori and The Bling Forest (Great metroidvania-style action platformer)
    Torchlight II (It’s essentially Diablo 2.5)
    Trine 2 (Physics based puzzle-platformer that’s also great in co-op)

Are you me?
    I’d also add World of Goo, Limbo and Shank to the list.
    Honestly, though, let me suggest Portal: it’s not a 2D indie game but it’s my favourite gaming experience of all time. It’s also on Steam and will run on your laptop just fine- I should know, I have the exact same XPS model.

Steam has a lot of great indie games, but I’d go to gog.com and look for classic games that you haven’t played.
    Personally I’d recommend Rollercoaster Tycoon 1, Fahrenheit, Thief 1 and 2, Omnikron: The Nomad Soul, Giants Citizan Kabuto, Deus Ex, and System Shock 2… but there’s stuff from every genre in there.