agrohimnap

Half-Life 2 Episode 3

I dunno if anyone around here is a fan of the Half-Life series, but if you are, you may want to check this out.

Marc Laidlaw, the author of Half-Life's stories throughout each game has released a possible story for Half-Life 2 Episode 3 on his blog and honestly I never thought I would see this day.

Check it out here: http://www.marclaidlaw.com/epistle-3

And here is a version with the code names of key characters replaced with their Half-Life counterparts: https://github.com/J...e3_Corrected.md

Keep in mind that Laidlaw is no longer working with Valve and this possibly shouldn't be accepted as fully cannon, but its still a great read and could be the closest thing to an ending that we will ever see.

agurebetup
    The writing is pretty much what we expect from a Half-Life title, the sequel.

It's been nearly (in 2 months) 10 years since the last proper Half-Life game and what do we get from Valve? A f*cking card game.

aileenot60
    The first link doesn't work, to me at least.
    After 10 years of hype, I doubt Valve would still dare to do it. People would be disappointed no matter what. It's just too late. We're two generations later now and yes, there have been better games than Half Life. Unless HL3 will be the best game of all time, people would be disappointed.

But anyways, is that second article really written by Laidlaw? How do I know it isn't fake? The fact that it's written in Freeman's perspective makes me think it's kinda fake because he normally didn't say a word. I know it's a letter but it's still weird.

Could be just fanfiction.

I think that this at least goes to show that Marc truly cared about the story and the fans of his creation. He knew that we were yearning to hear something, anything about Gordon and the rest of the characters and, with the end of his NDA this year, decided to let us know what his idea for a third part may have of been. This is honestly a very bitter-sweet day for me, haha.