AllenWrele

Bitdefender message

I am running Win 7 pro on a HP ENVY desktop. Last year I tried Bitdefender and then uninstalled it. For the last month, when I shut down my machine I get the following message for 10-15 secs before it shuts off.

A problem has occured in BitDefender Threat Scanner. A file containing
    error information has been created at C:\Windows\TEMP\BitDefender
    Threat Scanner.dmp. You are strongly encouraged to send the file to
    the developers of the application for further investigation of the error.

That file contains no information. I have deleted that file many times but something keeps recreating it. I would very much like to delete what ever is creating this file. Any help will be very much appreciated.

AllsterCok
    From everything I have read...this issue is related to either Bitdefender or Spybot.

You may want to read these previous discussion topics...all information we know has been discussed there already.

This is an older discussion topic at the Bitdefender forums with many of the same suggestions.

Thanks for the timely responses. I noticed that BitDefender seems to share some files with Spybot S & D. I have been going to uninstall Spybot for some time and that made up my mind. I uninstalled Spybot and my problem seems to be gone. Also my computer now boots in about 45 sec where it was just over 1 min. I guess I'll have to learn how to use the search function better. I went thru about 40 pages of history on this forum before giving up and submitting this thread.

AltaAldrid
    You're welcome.