New Highscore! - No Brakes iOS game

Let’s look at the Alienware Area-51. You say that for $3800, you expect an i9 7900X and GTX 1080Ti SLI. Cool. Those parts are $970 and $1570 respectively. That leaves you $1260 for the rest. Add $200 for the cheapest X299 motherboard, $100 for CPU cooling, $540 for 64GB DDR4 RAM, $430 for a Samsung 1TB M.2 SSD, and $120 for a 2TB disk. That’s $1390. Your config is already at $3930, and you haven’t even yet bought a case or PSU. Your expectations of what is possible with $3800 are exaggerated.

Oh, and let’s not forget that what I just did is compare list prices on the Dell website to the lowest possible price for each part. Dell usually has deals running that get you 10% off or better. And, there’s the cost of labor – the time you spend ordering parts, assembling them, troubleshooting incompatibilities, etc.

Yes, Alienware PCs are overpriced, when you look at the list price. But then, so are most products. For example, right now, you can get an Aurora with an i7 7700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080, 256GB M.2 SSD and 2TB disk for $1500 straight from Dell’s website. You can feel free to go ahead and spec out a similar config on PCPartPicker, and it’ll come out to approximately the same price. Don’t blame Alienware for your inability to find a good deal.

Alright, the Aurora on Dell’s website still seems a bit expensive off the top of my head, not nearly as bad as usual, but I bet it’s on a sale, isn’t it? Probably for Labor Day or something. Now, to your main points
    1. My problem with Alienware is they’re anti-consumer.
    2. If you know what you’re doing, a PC takes about 3 hours to build, and it’s not very hard, that’s $33 an hour, that’s a lot of cash right there for a pretty easy job.
    3. Anti-consumer… Not favorable to consumers : improperly favoring the interests of businesses over the interests of consumers anti-consumer practices… If computers this expensive aren’t anti-consumer I don’t know what is.
    3. If you think a machine with an i7 and a GTX 960 sold at 1.2K (Normally) is rock-solid, you’re out of your damn mind. And sure you can get them cheaper if you buy them from sources other than Alienware, but it doesn’t change the fact Alienware’s prices are insane. And the customer support and the technician is nice, I’ll give them that, but (Not sure about this) I’d bet a lot of the time the technician’d have you buy another Alienware computer rather than give you a replacement part or something along those lines. Plus, it shouldn’t take long for you to find the problem with your computer yourself if you know a thing or two about tech or by asking on forums.

Yes, a PC takes 3 hours to build. $33 an hour seems like a decent wage for a technician, doesn’t it? How much do you pay your car mechanic? Also, the key qualifier in your assertion is "If you know what you’re doing". What if you don’t? What about people who don’t know the difference between an M.2 NVMe SSD and M.2 SATASSD? How will they figure out that not all i7s are the same, and that different generations have different chipset compatibilities? Through hours and hours of research. Don’t tell me that you think only people who put in all this time for research are the only ones who deserve to have a decent gaming PC. And even when you know all this, good luck building your first PC, and make sure you don’t bend a CPU socket pin or forget the thermal paste or insert a fan header backwards – those mistakes will be EXPENSIVE. Some people might as well buy it pre-built. You’re not one of them, and neither am I. But people like my sister – who like to game but don’t have the time needed to invest in building a PC – surely will buy an Alienware.

No, that’s not anti-consumer. Expensive pricing isn’t anti-consumer. Shutting out the competition, creating a monopoly, supplying substandard products and charging a high price are all what’s anti-consumer. Think cable companies, wireless carriers, certain pharmaceutical companies. Again, nobody is compelling you to buy Alienware PCs – you’re free to walk away.
    Oh, and I do think that my laptop – an i7, with 16 GB RAM, a GTX 1060, 512 GB M.2 SSD and OLEDtouch display for $1500 is rock-solid, and a steal. So no, not insane pricing. As for your bet, be prepared to lose a lot of money. Dell technicians are just that. They’re not salespeople, they don’t get commissions, and they won’t sell you anything. They come to your house, replace the damaged parts, make sure your machine is working fine, and leave. Beats trawling forums asking questions and trying to figure out why it doesn’t work (assuming you have a secondary machine while you try to fix your primary), which is (surprisingly, I admit) not fun for a LOT of people.
    Your problems against Alienware seem to be a mix of confirmation bias, inability to view things from other people’s perspective, and just plain incorrect estimation