AllaloTom

The Best CPU For Gaming Right Now

Firstly, the fact that you’ve had to repair every PC you’ve created has me worried about what sort of things you may be looking at on the web… And Alienware PC’s support lasts one year unless you pay extra. And I doubt it’s going to break in the first year of using it unless you’re browsing on whatever websites it seems you browse on…

I don’t know about the nice guy part, but most people aren’t even AWARE that such tech forums exist. And they don’t want to. They don’t have time. They just want the computer to work dammit. They don’t have time for insanely complicated RMA processes, or long wait times to get the replacement because "the part isn’t in stock". I’ve had a lot of experience around this area. Having someone come to your house with the right part the next day is SO much better. And if you shopped the deals right, you don’t even have to pay for this.

All you’ve proved is Alienware’s LIST prices are too high, when compared to the LOWESTprice you can find for individual parts. How is that fair in any way? When was the last time you bought computer parts at list price? Is that how consumers make decisions – they compare list prices? No – they look at the cheapest option available. And with Dell’s continuous sales, you can get Alienwares for pretty cheap. So honestly, no, I still don’t get your "objective" conclusion that Alienware is "anti-consumer".

I tire of this. You can feel free to rage against Alienware’s supposed anti-consumerism. I’ll continue to buy their reasonably-priced products and game. Skyrim looks exquisite on that OLED screen.All you’ve proved is Alienware’s LIST prices are too high, when compared to the LOWEST price you can find for individual parts. How is that fair in any way? When was the last time you bought computer parts at list price? Is that how consumers make decisions – they compare list prices? No – they look at the cheapest option available. And with Dell’s continuous sales, you can get Alienwares for pretty cheap. So honestly, no, I still don’t get your "objective" conclusion that Alienware is "anti-consumer".

Alfredpaw
    More profit than they should" is not a thing.
    They are making as much profit as they can realistically expect to make based on consumer demand for their products.
    If they managed to create brand value through marketing (which costs money) and people are willing to pay for that brand, then they’ve succeeded at adding value and reaping any profit it may have generated.

Alfredmok
    dissss. Point #1 comes down to opinion, yes, but on point #2 I am well informed. Some estimations were a bit off and everybody FLIPS even when I clarify that they’re just that, estimations! It really is frustrating to see all the people that don’t understand the point of this post or don’t get the concept of estimating. Heck, even andromorr didn’t have anything to say about my estimations on the Alpha, although the Alpha is a small PC so you do kinda have to cut it some slack, even though I do imagine it wouldn’t be that much harder to build. Let’s be generous and say $200 is reasonable, they still seem to be making more than that. And another thing… Alienware isn’t buying these parts at retail price, they aren’t just picking these up off of Newegg. They’re buying these parts wholesale AND most likely buying in bulk which saves them a hefty amount of money I would assume. Again, the point of this post isn’t prebuilts are bad, the point I’m making is Alienware has anti-consumer business practices and PCs that you could save a lot of money on by building them yourself or buying a PC from another retailer, and I think people should be aware of this.