What's Going on in Vancouver?

Part of the reason I found this website was because of one of the writers. I forget his name, but all I know is that he used to work at TechTV. I read his awesome blog and two-week notice, and found out he would be here. He a great writer. I usually check Kotaku on a regular basis, but never speak up. I think I might start doing that here from now on.

The difference between here and other outlets, I found anyway, was the delay in posting news here meant that it was properly sourced instead of posted then updated/retracted later. Welcome aboard btw!

Hmm…dunno. Maybe being able to blitz Mega Man 2 in any order. That was kinda cool, but not really an air punching moment. I remember some pretty epic battles on Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance, they were fairly awesome to finish off.
    Something that isn’t so much of a celebratory moment…
    Dynasty Warriors 2.
    I love the Warriors games; Dynasty, Samurai and Gundam. The Dynasty Tactics game is really great too (you should try it, yes, you the viewer). But anyway…
    I remember picking up DW2 on the PS2, not knowing much about it just that my brother remembered reading about it in a magazine. I had played the original one (the one on one fighter) but couldn’t remember it, and didn’t remember it for sometime after playing a few others of the series.

When I looked on the mini map, there was a small patch of red inside the main base which represented the enemy, and the rest was swarmed with blue; the colour of the allies. Amongst all of the blue, away from the main base there was a obscured dot, that changed the rest of the dots around it to a flashing orangy-yellow, which symbolized battle. I made my way over there and Lu Bu was on his own, fighting hundreds of men, it was so, so cool. Something I had never seen before. There was so much character and life in this moment in the game.

The first one that leaps to mind is coming back from my Sunday morning paper round as a kid and finishing The Sacred Armour Of Antiriad on Commodore 64. The first game I ever finished. I felt 20 miles high after doing so, bouncing about the house, undoubtedly much to my folks ignorance and annoyance.

A little bit onwards, finishing the next to last level on Halo, seeing the final run in the Warthog towards the end of the game – and applauding. As if it was a huge "Well done, you did that massive challenge – here’s a whole level of explosions for you to smile your way through.