A few days ago, I heard about these in-ear headphones that are molded to your ear... so it got me thinking.. what about custom controllers?
    We have custom everything - computers (internals), clothes, furniture - so why not controllers?
    What if the internals of the controller were made in a way in which they could work with any "shell."

I'm not just saying "paint job" - although people care about that too... I mean size, the material of the controller, grip, shape, number of buttons, placement of left analogue stick (Wii-style, Xb-style, PS4-style).

When are we going to see custom game controllers?

I thought that by now, 3D printers would bring us that ability to create custom controllers... especially now that gaming has become a sort of competitive "sport."

Although customization that gives people a competitive advantage will need to be stopped and a standard would have to be introduced... you want people feeling comfortable, but not gaining a competitive edge... so ergonomics hell yeah, actual electronic advantage: no.
    But still, in a non-competitive sphere, if one controller promised you not just better ergonomics, but better control, higher accuracy and precision (plenty of these exist), longer battery life or lower wireless latency, then why not?

Imagine the best controller, getting all the electronics right, but leaving the design and ergonomics up to you.
    So what do you think?
    Is this an untapped market or is there really no need for such a thing? Is one-size-fits-all the best way for controllers? If we have big phones and small phones, why not controllers?