TIMN: The best portable game console you can buy

Now that we've heard Chris' opinion, I'd like to hear what the Verge community thinks:

1. What is the best portable game console you can buy right now and why (ex. Vita, 3DS, Shield, etc)
    2. What is the best portable game console you have ever owned and why (ex. GameGear, Gameboy Advance, PSP, etc)

iPhone and iPhone.
    Great selection of games, it’s always on me, it’s built really well, and it does a ton of other stuff.

1. Nintendo 3DS – It has the best games of any portable console right now. There’s very little out there than can really compete with Fire Emblem: Awakening, Legend of Zelda: ALBW, Super Mario 3D Land, Bravely Default, Pokemon XY and ORAS, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros, SMT IV, and Monster Hunter 3 and 4.

1. Playstation Portable – I was running custom firmware on my PSP so I had access to an incredibly wide range of software: normal PSP games, NES/SNES games, Genesis games, GBA games, PS1 games, and homebrew games (like this MUGEN-like Smash bros clone). The only other platform that had access to a larger catalogue of games was the PC.