Apple Clips for iOS 10.3 Movie Editing on iOS

Anyways, Cthulhux, I think you're defining a tablet by its operating system rather than hardware. A tablet is basically a portable all-in-one PC (except usually ARM instead of x86). Although the manufacturer usually locks it down more, most of them are hackable.
    The only limitations are a lack of USB ports, Blu-ray drives, internal storage, and more than 2 monitors. For an average workstation, the only possible deal-breaker is the full-sized USB port, which you generally don't find in tablets (there are adapters and built-in ones, but still uncommon).

Classic Shell does not hide everything Metro-related - I still see Metro pop-ups where I had sane dialogs in Windows 7. Of course there are more improvements, but the disimprovements pretty much kill the joy. The desktop feels like a simulation - which is not too well if you prefer distraction-free work without having giant colorful <div>-like things floating over your applications.

One thing my tech is currently experiencing is a deluge of folks with dropped/broken tablets that he cannot repair. Considering how difficult it is to drop a desktop , folks might wanna consider how bad the supposed top models are to service.

Actually one works with both, but I put emphasis on hardware because that's where the distinctions and restrictions lies. I don't think any tablet are completely locked down on any one OS, especially with virtualization (for iOS). I think I've given enough examples on that, x86 can run virtually anything, and ARM has more Linux distros than just Android. You said yourself the power is there, so the distinction between Desktop and Tablet OS is far less due to that.

I see your point, Metro is made for touchscreens after all. As an OS, I don't think it's lacking, and you can downgrade to Windows 7 or use x86 *nix on the Windows 8 Pro tablet. It's harder, but not impossible.

Touch is made for touch screens and is implemented in Windows Phone, 8 and RT.

Metro does not address touch because it is a set of design rules that covers typography, graphics, etc. It does not specifically address touch screens. Microsoft has another set of design rules for each interface which apply to Windows 7, 8, RT and Phone. So we have Touch, Keyboard, Mouse/pointers, Pen and Accessibility interfaces.

"PC shipments fall nearly 11 percent in Q2 2013. This represents the fifth consecutive quarter of decreased shipments."

Bucking the trend is the Chromebook. "It has gained 20 to 25 percent of the U.S. market for laptops under $300 in just the past eight months. The PC seems to be snagging market share and sales while the rest of the market is slumping."