Office 2016 Professional Updates Query

I've been running Office 2016 on my X64 machine since it became available in 2016.

I 'm also running Office 2010 Pro on my 32-bit machine.

Office 2010 installation is updated via Microsoft Update, whilst Office 2016 is updated via the new mechanism which I'm not keen of because I have no control over what it does.

Is there any way to revert to Microsoft Update method for the Office 2016 installation?

I asked that question on the and the short answer is no. In Win 10 there is an option on the updates panel to "give me updates for other Microsoft products too" and Office will not update. It has its own update mechanism.

Office 2016 is the same as Office 2013 which I have been using for the past 4 years & Updates occur automatically. This has not been a problem & you can check on when it was last updated by looking in Control Panel, Programs & Features then scroll down to Microsoft Office 2016 & see the 'Installed on" date & the Version.

If you wish to see if an Update is needed you can open any Office program, such as Excel, select File up on the top LH edge, then click on Account, this will show a box that says Update Options, click on that & select Update Now. This will do a check & if updating is needed it will start the update, which will run in the background if you wish to do other work on the computer.

Attached is a Control Panel image showing Microsoft Update method is in use here. I've always wondered why it didn't work as expected for Office 2016.

The Office 2016 manual update method is better than automatic updates, but it still doesn't explain what specific product (Access, Outlook etc.) updates occured. For troubleshooting, that would be nice to know if the Office update went wonky.