Driving Simulation- Simushiftknob

Nintendo’s marketing in my view: (I’m exaggerating, but I hope you get my point.) "HEEEY HERE’S THENEW RELEASE OF THE GOOD OLD ZELDA YOU USED TO PLAY AS A KID, if you want variety, we’re giving you also Splatoon, but enough of that, HAVE YOU NOTICED THE NEW ZELDA? WE HAVETWEAKED THE PLOT AND GAMEPLAY, BUY IT NOW!"

I mean, a little, but I just don’t think it’s a very good point. If Nintendo "play[ing] the nostalgia card" and "churning out the same stuff in every generation" results in remarkable gaming experiences like Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey, then I don’t really see what the problem is.

It’s more of a demographic and personal preference I think, so while "Breath of the Wild" might have been a remarkable experience indeed (my brother liked it a lot on his Wii U), it just didn’t appeal to me. Also, I’ve never been a Nintendo fan/fangirl. Therefore, I wouldn’t make a several-hundred-euro investment just to play one or two Nintendo-made games, be they Zelda releases or not.

That’s fair, but I didn’t exactly go into this year with the most favorable view of Nintendo. I wanted the Switch to succeed because I liked the concept, but didn’t own a Wii U, and honestly hasn’t even finished a Zelda game since maybe a Link to the Past.

That doesn’t mean I never owned or liked any Nintendo devices. I enjoyed a lot my Gameboy Advance. I know that Nintendo is capable of providing a very good single-player experience. Which is why, as I mentioned to wingzero0: