Thread: Playstation 5

Playstation 5

What do you mean "in the long haul"? The fact you don’t need to pay for MP? This is a large bonus for PC, true.
    Or ability to upgrade? This ability is questionable. We don’t have PS5 yet to see how it goes in the future, but to have something at least as good as PS4 and PS4 Pro (after upgrade), you are looking at comparable money spent… in the best case for PC.
    PC would be cheaper only if you can keep the same CPU for the PS5 competitor, but I doubt it would be possible, with i3 at least. It might be possible using i5-k CPUs, but this would make PC with upgrades again cost as much as PS4, Pro and PS5 together.

There is just one huge plus for PC though – you could have PS4 Pro performance on the day of PS4 release… but such PC would easily cost at least as much as both PS4 and Pro together and likely much more (as hopefully nobody is insane enough to put top 7970 on i3 and bargain bin PSU, case etc).
    Nah, if you are looking at 500-ish gaming, PC will not offer better experience than console in games, and you need to spend quite a lot of time and effort to not have it offer something worse. Going down to 300 or so makes absolutely no sense, as even cheaper X1S would be faster.
    But console obviously cannot match 1k+ PCs, which is where PC gaming starts to get notably better than consoles.

What I mean by, "in the laung haul" is cheaper games, free online, upgradability, mods to get more playtime out of games, more free games, and I’m sure there’s some more I can’t think of off of the top of my head. And what do you mean upgradability is questionable? Do you really think PS5 will have upgradability? Be honest with yourself, do you really believe that? Really? And as for the comparable amount of money spent, it’s only really comparable upfront, after that it really isn’t. And the PS5 isn’t even announced, so how would have have the same CPU, consoles usually have a custom CPUanyway… And it’s already cheaper, anyway. And… Shoot this broken English is hard to interpret, I’m gonna have to skip a bit. And a PC with the power of PS4 Pro isn’t that much more expensive, especially when you take all the other factors into account, after that it’s significantly cheaper. Like, way cheaper. And a 500-ish PC will offer an experience that’s a thousand times better than console, did you not read the huge post up there that explains why? And going down to $350 you can get Xbox One levels of performance, actually. And PC is notably better even at that $350 prices due to all the factors I mentioned in the huge article I spent a LOT of time writing you obviously didn’t pay any attention to. Read through the post, then we’ll talk. Go through the points I make and tell me whey they’re wrong without broken English.

Nah, I don’t think PS5 will have upgrades, or any PS ever. It is just PC bought at release of GenX of consoles cannot be upgraded to GenX+1. Because CPU is too weak. Only these .5 upgrades are offering ability to upgrade just the GPU, as this is what MS and Sony did with their consoles too.

i3 + 480? Wow, you’re really not in the loop. Most budget builds today will have a Ryzen 3 1200 and a GTX 1050ti and will achieve the performance of the Xbox One X. And duh we can’t beat the PS5, it doesn’t fucking exist yet, and by the time it does we’ll be getting similar performance at a similar pricetag. Do you have fucking ESP to be able to predict the PS5s performance? Do you already know how things will be priced when the PS5 releases? Your logic confuses me… Oh, and please fix the broken English

No, assuming you are already a PC gamer. Can a PC compete with a PS4? Now this is a tricky question. There are many more exclusives on the PS4 so from pure games, there isn’t as much overlap whereas the X will have a lot more overlap now that Microsoft is delivering games to the windows store.

I much prefer the flexibility of the PC. My TV can handle 120hz 1080p, so I much rather play at that with high-ultra settings on a 1070 vs. 4k 60hz with high-medium.