Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    I bought a new router from netgear 4 months ago and since then I have had trouble viewing multiple websites:

    First of all, here's a picture of how these websites look like (Many websites look perfect, or at least Normal)

  2. #2

    Websites displaying wrong

    My first step was contacting my internet provider, They told me the problem is the router "We do not support this issue"
    This is true, I know the problem is the router, since I have changed the router with an older one and it works.
    I then contacted Netgear (Which makes the router) and we probably had a 10-20 email conversation.

  3. #3
    They gave me 2 other software versions that they wanted me to try without any luck. They then decided to make new software just for me, which took them 1 month. I received this software yesterday and after I uploaded the new software, still no change. I have contacted them again for further details but I am also making this forum post, in hope that someone out there has been in this situation and know how to fix it since it seems the netgear people doesn't really care.

  4. #4
    All i can think with limited knowledge is this:
    You are getting content but not styles, stylesheets for both these sites are on – the canonical name is whose IP Address is
    Can you ping that IP?

    My guess is a firewall blocking that IP or similar to prevent access to those files.
    I repeat, limited knowledge, may be barking up wrong tree.

  5. #5
    If the IP address on the CDNs are variable maybe the router is caching the result of the DNS lookup (i.e. it’s cached the IP address and is pointing at an old one)?

  6. #6
    Netgear support said something about that this router is having problems with this exact modem I have connected from my service provider, but I have never changed any configuration when it comes to modems, to be honest I am afraid of bricking them. Netgear could not confirm this tho, since they wanted me to contact my service provider and my service provider wanted me to contact netgear, so not much help there.

  7. #7
    I have to try this. Flash crashes multiple times a day for me and most of the times it freezes the browser. I just open the task manager and start killing chrome processes that are using a lot of memory.(usually 10,000K+ or 100,000-500,000k+ of memory) One of the high memory usage chrome processes is either chrome itself or the flash plugin. It is basically a guessing game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts