Chromebook Pixel

My Macbook Pro is getting slow, and i'm REALLY considering a new laptop. I really like the esthetics of the Chromebook Pixel. But the reviews vary a lot and don't know if it is worth buying, or is it? Imma be using it for school and surfing the wep mainly. What do you guys think?

HP Spectre XT Touch Smart is good laptop you can buy. It has stunning 15-inch touchscreen with 1080p screen and have a hybrid drive which makes the applications run faster.

From a pure design perspective, it is unbelievably nice. The screen is excellent, as are the keyboard and trackpad, and it just feels like a seriously well-designed product. Battery life is a bit disappointing, especially with MacBook Airs that get 12 hours of battery life available for the same price.
    Software is… well, you really need to be invested in Google services and web services. If you can’t find a web app to do what you need, it is definitely not for you.
    I have a hard time recommending it, but it’s just such a gorgeous machine, and I kind of like the simplicity of Chrome OS. I can do nearly everything that I need to do on that machine, but I just have a hard time justifying the price.
    That said, 1TB of Drive storage for 3 years costs more than the Pixel’s list price… so there’s something to be said for that.

I have the Pixel (on it right now) as well and agree with this 100%. It’s really great hardware, always seems pretty fast but with the limited OS and less than stellar battery life, I can’t recommend it. I bought it myself, but I’ve been on Chromebooks since the CR-48 and I really like the simplicity.

ExDementia

I agree, if money wasn’t an issue I would have one sitting on my desk right now, but (excellent) hardware be damned, $1300 is a whole hell of a lot for the functionality Chromebook.
    It really sucks because I want one for school, but I just can’t justify that kind of money for such a limited device.

ExDementia

I agree, if money wasn’t an issue I would have one sitting on my desk right now, but (excellent) hardware be damned, $1300 is a whole hell of a lot for the functionality Chromebook.
    It really sucks because I want one for school, but I just can’t justify that kind of money for such a limited device.

I have the Pixel (on it right now) as well and agree with this 100%. It’s really great hardware, always seems pretty fast but with the limited OS and less than stellar battery life, I can’t recommend it. I bought it myself, but I’ve been on Chromebooks since the CR-48 and I really like the simplicity.

Also, it depends a lot on what you’ll be doing at school. Forgot to mention that! If you’re in a program that would need to use excel a lot, for example, Google Drive might not cut it. Though I find it to be just fine for most word processing I need.