lucyba1

How many browsers do you have installed?

I bring this topic up because I have had Firefox installed on my Mac for the longest time, but never use it. I use Safari exclusively. So how many browsers do you have installed? Do you have more then one installed? Why?

Thankfully Microsoft is dropping support for old browsers in January or February 2016 and keeping only the most recent browser on current/latest versions of supported Windows.
    Support for IE9 is kept on Vista SP2/Server 2008
    Support for IE10 on Server 2012
    Support for IE11 on W7/W8.1./W10/Server 2008 R2/2012 R2/2016

We’ll have to support 9 and 10 for a while, at least. I work for an FMO (health insurance stuff) and, well…the industry is pretty far from "current" standards on tech.
    Until Microsoft forces people to upgrade (oh, to think how much easier my life would be if they’d do this…), we’ll have to support 9 and 10 or the majority of our agent base will have subpar experience.

KevinBibia
    Decent is kinda stretching it. It is a pain in the ass for me. I have so many hacks and shims i need to bundle just to support IE11 since HTML5 compatibility is spotty at best. Promises, no chance, shim or callback hell, Flexbox, no chance, hacks or back to div soup, touch is a nightmare and needs two implementations, events are a nightmare, precision is a nightmare when all you have is Date.now, WebGL is badly implemented and slow, JS execution generally is slow. CSS hacks all over.
    It may all not matter if we’re talking text and images, wordpress blogs and the like. But for everything else … no web developer will tell you IE11 is decent.

Just Chrome, because I use Windows and don’t like having multiple browsers. I even use Chrome on my iOS devices for this very reason. However, there’s a good chance I’ll jump to Mac somewhere in 2016 (whenever Skylake is offered), and if I can live wihout Chrome I’ll probably use Safari exclusively. That said, I’m pretty fond of Chrome, so it’ll take some convincing.