Panasonic G7 or Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark 2???????

Since both are using essentially the same sensor, image quality should be similar, minus the difference between processing. My suggestion would be try to find a local shop that carries either model and see which one you connect more with. When I was looking at my first m4/3 camera, I was at the time deciding between the Panasonic G2 and the Olympus EPL-1/E-P2. I like the the fact that the Olympus had built in image stabilization, and the smaller size that was more liken to cameras of the 70s. But, when I went to try them out in store, I wasn’t a fan of the Olympus interface, and prefered Panasonic’s menu interface and control layout(touch screen, which Panasonic was the only one to have at the time also swayed things).
    What’s good if you have a nice camera that you don’t bond with or aren’t a fan of the menus, and control layout.

The only local shop is best buy so I’ll check them out on Wednesday and may buy from there another date, from what I’m reading the controls on the Olympus are pretty good but the screen doesn’t articulate as well as the Panasonic, I love the idea of the Olympus being built in stabilized so leaning that way to be honest

Do check out Best Buy. You might also consider buying used once you know what you want. Mpb.com has a great selection and prices and guarantees the purchases for 6 months. I’ve seen steals there, including on Olympus and Panasonic cameras. Keh is also well liked by many.

thanks for the website recommend, definitely checking them out

At $599, I don’t think I would get the G7. Especially since now for $699 you can get the GX85 with 12-32mm and 45-150mm zooms. If you didn’t want the telezoom, you could easily sell it $100-150 and get a newer generation camera for the same price as the G7.
    In many ways the GX85 is a combination of the G7 and the E-M10 II. It will have the better user interface, 4K video (and 4K Photo features), and faster autofocus from the Panasonic, but it also has 5-axis in-body image stabilization like the E-M10 II. It also has a special electromagnetic shutter which is extremely soft and quiet.
    I really like Micro Four Thirds cameras, as I think they are a great blend of feature-set and price. But if you are really worried about continuous autofocus performance trying to track erratically moving kids, you may find that you are better off with something like the Sony A6000. You give up on some features, and the kit lens is not as good, but the continuous autofocus is better. However, if you are using mostly single autofocus (i.e. focus when you push the shutter), M4/3 cameras are very good.