MoCA Performance Check

What are the ways to check MoCA networking performance? The reason why I'm asking is because I have the Comcast X1 system and three X1 DVRs. I also have the XB3 Gateway and it utilizes MoCA for the X1. I also have a MoCA adapter connected. I have a AP connected through that adapter (upstairs) and I get odd performance from it.

My internet connection is 200/10. Through that adapter I get lucky if I hit 75Mbps. For a few days however, about a week and a half ago, I was able to hit 200Mbps. Now, I'm back to getting about 60Mbps. I'm trying to figure out what in the world is causing such wild fluctuations and see if its something I can do to improve it.

Thanks in advance for any info.

How are you testing this currently? Wifi?? Just going to some speedtest site?

To test that its not the moca network, you would need to test via wire performance - iperf would be the way to do that.. I compile it for windows whenever new version comes out.. link is here on neowin.. search iperf3 windows neowin on google and thread comes right up.

Mostly wifi. I do have one computer on it via Ethernet. I did get the same speeds as wifi whenever I tested it via Ethernet as well. I'll give that tool a try.

Sorry for taking so long to respond but, haven't had the chance to do anything until now. I downloaded the tool. What am I supposed to do with it? I was under the impression it was a tool that would run and give me some info. A window pops up momentarily and then disappears.

I'm pretty sure it's a command line tool and you have to learn how to use it that way. I've never used it myself, though.