Hybrid View

Weekly Critique Thread

2) Post 1 photo a week. Please do not post multiple photos in one post (or post multiple photos in a row). Allow others to join in as well. Post photos as a reply to the OP and post critiques as replies to photos. This should keep things nice and clean.

1) Before posting a photo, please take the time to comment on a couple of photos in the thread, giving constructive criticism or explaining what you like about the photo. You do not have to go in depth about what you like and dislike. You can just simply state what you liked about the photo. We really want involvement from posters.

Please list the settings used, if available. These settings are:

• Focal Length
    • Aperture
    • Shutter Speed
    • ISO
    • Camera Model

Do not worry if you're not experienced in photography, the aim of this thread is to learn from each other.
    Need help linking photos to the critique thread? Here are two ways that use Flickr and Imgur!

Is there a particular reason why you still shoot 35mm film? Since I never really shot film (other than disposable cameras), I never really understood why people still use them. If it’s a different size of film, like 67, then I kind of understand as there’s really no digital equivalent for the masses.

This is from a game of dodgeball at my school a few years ago. Covering sports with a film camera in the digital age is… Very interesting. I don’t have nearly the same freedom as others, but I was still able to capture a few moments from the game. This is definitely one of the situations where digital trumps film for most cases IMO.

That was the first SLR camera I owned and I used it a lot regularly until I accidentally dropped it in a river on a hiking trip. I liked to shoot film even when I had a digital camera mostly because I had to slow down and think through my choices and process, it was a good way to keep developing my form and style of photography.
    I have a few other film cameras, but finding film isn’t easy where I live now. My most recent chance was when visiting my girlfriend in NYC and I did a little medium format photography. I still love that "film look" even though it can be recreated digitally fairly easily with software nowadays.